Watch out, you will be popping these snowball cookies straight into your mouth. These cookies are a lot of fun to make. My family and I all joined in coating the marshmallows in chocolate and dipping it in coconut shreds.
Chocolate Marshmallow Snowballs Recipe
- 125g butter
- 1 (400g) tin sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 (250g) packet plain malt biscuits
- 3½ cups (300g) dessicated coconut
- 32 large marshmellows
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the butter, milk, cocoa and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in malt biscuits and 1½ cups coconut. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Using moistened hands, wrap about 1 tablespoon of mixture around each marshmallow (dip hands in water often to prevent sticking). Roll in remaining coconut; place on prepared baking sheet. Cover and freeze until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. May be frozen for up to 2 months.